Valuing our Life Support Systems 2019
Natural Capital Initiative's 10th anniversary summit.
When? Tuesday 21 May 2019
Where? The Crystal, London E16 1GB
CPD Approved This event is approved for CPD
Natural Capital Initiative's 10th anniversary summit is on 21-22 May
Valuing our Life Support Systems 2019 offers an independent platform for people in science and policy, NGOs, businesses and local communities to discuss and debate innovative natural capital solutions that enhance the environment and strengthen society. It is organised by the Natural Capital Initiative and builds on two influential summits in 2014 and 2009, which helped to shape natural capital thinking in the UK.
Our keynote speakers and panellists include Defra chief scientific advisor Ian Boyd, Professor Kathy Willis CBE from the University of Oxford, executive director Mark Gough from the Natural Capital Coalition, and many more. We also offer speed talks, workshops and panel discussions from the natural capital community, discussing:
- New frontiers in natural capital data and methods, including AI
- Governance and institutions for implementing natural capital solutions
- Urban health and well-being
- Sustainable land and water management
- Sustainable marine planning
Natural Capital Initiative (NCI)A leading natural capital initiative, NCI launched in 2009 to promote meaningful natural capital dialogue between science, policy and business. We are a partnership of the Royal Society of Biology, British Ecological Society, Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, and the James Hutton Institute.
For more details visit the dedicated event website. You can view the programme and find out more information about the speakers.
BookingYou will need to create a free account on our website with your name and email address to register for this event. To register, please use the link at the top of the page.
- Public sector and charity - both days: £310
- Public sector and charity - one day: £190
- Private sector - both days: £390
- Private sector - one day: £240
- Students - one or two days £190*
- Opportunity to network with leading natural capital scientists, policymakers and business leaders
- Inspiring keynote speeches by leading natural capital thinkers on both days
- Challenging speed talks and a panel discussion, shaping future natural capital thinking
- 16 parallel sessions covering the most current natural capital issues
- Poster sessions on both days
- Sustainable lunch menus on both days
- Coffee and tea breaks between sessions on both days
- Free sparkling wine reception on the first day
- An opportunity to enjoy a sustainable venue in one of the most interesting urban developments in London's docklands
- Free access to the UK's largest exhibition on the future of cities
- An opportunity to influence our future events through surveys and feedback
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD points)
Social mediaYou can also follow us on Twitter @NCI_NatCap and with the hashtag #NCI2019.
For more information or if you have any queries, contact event organiser Minna Hartikainen at firstname.lastname@example.org